Like most credit unions, Trelawny Cooperative Credit Union comprises a group of people with a common bond who have united in the effort of obtaining a better lifestyle for themselves and their families. These include:
- All members of any religious bodies and affiliations in Jamaica and their families/relatives
- Public sector employees and their families/relatives.
- All professionals, members of professional associations, and the employees of professional associations.
- Employees of the Credit Union and their families/relatives.
- Members of staff of Statutory Bodies and Public Corporations, and contractual employees to the Government; provided that past Government Officers, past members of staff of approved Statutory Bodies and Public Corporation and past employees may retain their membership.